Who wants to be happy? Why do we want to be happy? I’ve been working on different posts for this week and stumbled upon the documentary trailer below for Happy I wanted to share with you. The description of the movie from the documentary trailer includes “HAPPY seeks to share the wisdom of traditional cultures and the cutting edge science that is now, for the first time, exploring human happiness. Through powerful interviews, we explore what makes people happy across the world.”
If you would like to watch the movie it is available on iTunes and Netflix at,
Below is an excerpt taken from a Happiness & Health article published in Harvard Public Health and written by Sara Rimer, a Boston-based journalist and author, sharing how a positive outlook can bring about better health:
Keys to a happier, healthier life
Research suggests that certain personal attributes—whether inborn or shaped by positive life circumstances—help some people avoid or healthfully manage diseases such as heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, and depression. These include:
- Emotional vitality: a sense of enthusiasm, hopefulness, engagement
- Optimism: the perspective that good things will happen, and that one’s actions account for the good things that occur in life
- Supportive networks of family and friends
- Being good at “self-regulation,” i.e. bouncing back from stressful challenges and knowing that things will eventually look up again; choosing healthy behaviors such as physical activity and eating well; and avoiding risky behaviors such as unsafe sex, drinking alcohol to excess, and regular overeating
To read the full article, click here.
Also, below is a video from Sonja Lyubomirsky explaining how helping others increases happiness for you:
Are you generally a happy person? How do you handle disappointment or aggravation? Do you practice meditation or have a different method you use to stay positive? I would like to hear (read) your comments on being happy.
As an end to my Happiness message, your mission for today and going forward is to be Happy!
- Principles of Happiness (chrisnothling.com)
- Get Out of the Way (feelpositive.wordpress.com)
- Where or What holds Happiness? ********************* It is not the Lack of any Disorder!!!! (ptsdawayout.com)