Below is a wonderful book I came across that I would like to share with you to help you cope should you or someone you know be in a similar situation dealing with chronic illness.
The author, Toni Bernhard was a law professor for 22 years at the University of California — Davis until she was forced to retire due to her illness. Her book, How to Be Sick: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and their Caregivers, won the 2011 Nautilus Gold Book Award in Self-Help/Psychology. Watch for her new book, How to Wake Up: A Buddhist-Inspired Guide to Navigating Joy and Sorrow, scheduled for publishing in the Fall of 2013.
To purchase the book, click here.
Watch the video below about one woman’s story dealing with Lupus and successfully becoming pain free:
Interested to learn more about how you can naturally deal with your illness and chronic pain? Read how others have done exactly that by clicking on Testimonials1 and Testimonials2.
Isotonix supplements offers the fastest and most efficient absorption (95-98%) of all oral forms of nutritional supplements. Faster and more efficient absorption into the bloodstream increases the value of taking dietary supplements. Find out more by visiting BFitBHealthy4Life.
Visit BFitBHealthy4Life for more information about OPC3.
Choose to become a Preferred Customer and receive exclusive offers along with personalized customer service. Click on “Sign-in” at top right of screen. Enter email@example.com when asked for referral source.
I believe we all know the pluses of getting a flu shot, to avoid or reduce flu symptoms, but do you know about the negative side effects? Below are two articles from Mercola.com and the National Vaccine Information Center to help you understand what they are:
Analysis Finds Flu Vaccine Efficacy Lacking, as Flu Vaccines are Suspended Across Europe and Canada
- A recent review found that flu vaccines may not offer protection as previously thought. The elderly, in particular, do not appear to receive measureable value from the flu shot. Trivalent inactivated influenza vaccines also didn’t offer much protection to children over the age of seven
- While infants and young children are at greatest risk, no one is exempt from the potential serious complications of flu vaccination, one of which is Guillaine-Barre syndrome. Early symptoms of GBS include sudden muscle weakness, fatigue and tingling sensations in the legs, eventually ending with either partial or total paralysis
- A unit of U.S. drugmaker Johnson & Johnson, recently suspended delivery of their seasonal flu vaccine, Inflexal V, destined for Italy and other European countries, after discovering “problems” with two of 32 lots
- Two weeks ago Italy banned the sale and use of four flu vaccines manufactured by Novartis, following the discovery of white particles in the vaccines. Over the next two days, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, France, Germany and Canada also suspended use of Novartis’ flu vaccines
- ACIP recently changed their recommendation on Tdap during pregnancy. According to new recommendation, a Tdap booster vaccine is to be given to pregnant women during each consecutive pregnancy. The vote was unanimous despite the fact that neither safety nor efficacy data exists for women given multiple consecutive Tdap vaccinations during every pregnancy.
To view the full article, click here.
The National Vaccine Information Center Article
Forcing Flu Shots on Health Care Workers: Who Is Next?
Even health care workers are reluctant to receive the flu shot. The article states that 60% of health care workers do not want to get an annual flu shot because they know of the negative side effects and do not want to take the risk.
To read the full article click here.
Additionally, using supplements to strengthen your immune system naturally can provide your body with more ammunition to effectively fight off any virus. See a previous post Flu Season that shares how Vitamin D is very good at preventing the flu. Also,strengthening your digestive health can boost your immune system as shown in an article from Science Daily, Natural Intestinal Flora Strengthen Immune System.
Arm yourself with knowledge how the flu vaccine can affect you or a loved one and make an informed decision how you are going to get through this year’s flu season.